Waste or mistakes never happen in a farm kitchen.....only future animal or plant food.

October 28, 2010

Green Tomato Stew

Ingredients
1 large glop of coconut oil
1 glug of ACV
1 pound of stew meat
1 small onion
4 TBS sucanat
1 tsp cream of tartar
4 TBS gelatin
green tomatoes, diced
4 potatoes shredded, hash brown style
handful of salt, to taste
basil (optional)

Before frost, (or in our case, a freeze), pick the tomatoes that are left in the garden.  Throw it all in a slow cooker on low and let it cook for the day.  The tomatoes provide the broth.  Enjoy!

Pennywise Platter Thursday 
The Ultimate Soup Recipe List

1 comment:

  1. I'm a little embarassed to admit that I let my tomato patch freeze on purpose two days ago. I had been covering it and covering it, and it felt like it could have gone on forever. And then the other night, with frozen fingers, the wind howling, and november approaching, I decided I'd had enough. But then tonight, when I rolled my bike in, I looked at all of those wilted plants, and felt a pang of anguish, and picked all of the frozen green tomatoes in a fit. Sigh, such ambiguity. I nurtured them for so long, but I don't think that I want to look at another pot of of boiling water for a very long time. Unless it were to contain this soup. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete