Waste or mistakes never happen in a farm kitchen.....only future animal or plant food.

August 6, 2010

Gluten Free "Potato Flour" Chocolate Chip Cookies

GF "Potato Flour" Chocolate Chip Cookies
(Adapted from same box of potato flour as the brownies.)

2 eggs
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
OR
1 cup sucanat or whole cane sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup rice flour
3 TBS potato flour
2 tsp homemade baking powder
Pinch of unrefined salt
1 cup lecithin free chocolate chips (I LOVE 70% dark chocolate in this recipe)

preheat oven to 375*F

Beat eggs and blend in sugar and vanilla. Mix dry ingredients separately and then add to wet ingredients. Add chocolate chips (or substitute broken pieces of a 70% chocolate bar or 2.) Drop from spoon onto cookie sheet and bake for 10-11 minutes.

I LOVE coconut oil...but I don't think it substitutes well in this recipe.

3 comments:

  1. I really like your blog, can't wait to see what's next! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this, but did sub coconut oil (dairy allergy). I also subbed almond flour for the 3 tbsp potato flour and swapped 1/4 cup of tapioca starch for 1/4 cup of rice flour. For the sugar, I subbed 1/2 c of brown rice syrup (a la perfect health diet) and 1/2 cup of Sun Crystals (not ideal, but it was what I had). Anyways, I tasted a bit too much of the batter ::blush:: and decided to make it into a bread. It was amazing! I realize it is quite different from your recipe, but I based it off of your recipe, so I decided to comment and say thanks! I linked from your comment on the perfect health diet website.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right, you made something completely different...but I am glad you were inspired!

    Potato flour has some unique moisture holding qualities that help make the cookie soft, coconut flour MIGHT be a better substitute...but it's pricey.

    A better dessert recipe that works VERY well with coconut oil is:

    http://losingcreekfarm.blogspot.com/2010/08/gluten-free-potato-flour-brownies.html

    You could probably make cookies instead of brownies if you tweaked it a little.

    ReplyDelete