The richness and boldness of flavor of the triple cream cheese balanced by the mildness of the milk, the lightness of the egg curds, the heartiness of the potatoes, the gentle heat of the cayenne, the savory of the onion all work together for this wonderful treat.
Ingredients: (fits a 4 quart Slow Cooker)
Coconut oil (prevents sticking )
1-4 TBS beef gelatin
4 cups milk
1/2-1 lb of Triple Cream Cheese
8-10 potatoes (peeled and cut into bite sized pieces)
Salt to taste
Cayenne Powder (optional)
Onion Powder (optional)
- slather the coconut oil generously along the bottom and sides. I used a butter knife with a long blade.
- whip the egg in the bottom of the pot (saves dirtying and extra dish)
- add milk and chunks of cheese
- add salt and spices to taste. The cheese has very little salt, so make it slightly saltier than desired as the potatoes will absorb a lot.
- fill to desired level with potatoes and stir to cover potatoes
- Heat on high for about 2 hours until bubbling, then set low for another hour or so or set it on low and forget about it for the day or overnight if starting in the evening and serving for breakfast.