Waste or mistakes never happen in a farm kitchen.....only future animal or plant food.

November 12, 2010

Mint Chip Ice Cream

One of my favorite ice creams is peppermint-stick ice cream.  I don't eat it anymore due to the HFCS in the peppermint sticks...the bright red/pink food coloring probably isn't the best either.

This is my approximation of what I think it should taste like.

1 quart of freshly skimmed cream/milk
1/4 tsp peppermint extract
1 cup cane sugar
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips

Mix the first 3 ingredients in the ice cream maker until desired consistency. Add the chips at the end.

Take a little cream of tartar (potassium) on the side and you're good to go.

If you backed off the peppermint extract, you could probably back off the sugar too.  I liked it strong,  It was a bit much for those in the family that didn't really care for peppermint stick ice cream to begin with.

Monday Mania

No comments:

Post a Comment