Waste or mistakes never happen in a farm kitchen.....only future animal or plant food.

November 12, 2010

Fried Mashed Potatoes

Fried mashed potatoes sprinkled with freshly ground salt
Something rare and wonderful happened the other day...we had LEFTOVER mashed potatoes!

This particular batch of mashed potatoes was made with potatoes, salt and freshly skimmed cream. I wasn't very careful in my skimming...I am sure it was more of a half and half mix.

I heated my pan with a thick layer of coconut oil to "egg" temperature, a medium low.  Using a serving spoon, I glopped out individual patties of potatoes and browned.  It only took a few minutes per side.  I used a metal spatula to unstick and serve the patties.  I enjoyed mine drizzled in apple cider vinegar and extra salt.  Large volumes of non HFCS ketchup works too...I am told.

Simple Lives Thursday 
Pennywise Platter Thursday 
Fight Back Friday 
Monday Mania

No comments:

Post a Comment