Waste or mistakes never happen in a farm kitchen.....only future animal or plant food.

August 28, 2011

Frozen Black Grapes (OG)

If you ever get the chance to eat black grapes, I highly recommend them. I was pleasantly surprised my the variation in flavor and the extra sweetness these had over the standard green offerings. (The fact that they were $1/lb cheaper than the other colors didn't hurt either.)

I wiped and sorted these grapes, just as I did the green and red variety previously.  One bunch didn't pull off the vine very well without splitting, which I took to be a sign of less than ripeness.  The rest of the grape bunches picked much cleaner.

We taste tested our first batch after an overnight in the freezer.  These have a noticeably softer "bite" when fully frozen, which I attribute to the extra sugars working as an antifreeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment