I found this recipe on-line and modified it to my dietary needs and what I actually had in the house. ;)
Ingredients: (to the best of my recollection)
1/4 cup (4 TBS) coconut oil
1 onion, diced
3/4-1 lb grass fed ground beef
4 TBS Beef gelatin
1 TBS mustard
2 oz tomato paste
2 oz ACV
4 TBS cane sugar/cream of tartar mix
Salt to taste...I think I used a tsp... or maybe 2?
2.5 cups water
2 cups rice pasta (elbow, penne, etc)
8 oz Munster or other white cheese, cubed
- In a LARGE skillet (I over flowed mine a few times due to the slope in my stove top), brown the onions and burger in the coconut oil.
- Mix the paste ingredients together and add to skillet.
- Add water and bring to boil.
- Add pasta of choice.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes or until desired tenderness.
- Turn off burner and add small chunks of cheese of choice. I chose Munster because it's a semi-soft cheese that dissolves easily. It was either that or pepper jack. I just broke pieces off.
- Serve when cheese is thoroughly blended.
P.S. I just read the instructions of the original recipe again. I didn't drain the meat juices or cover while cooking the noodles. I don't know if the out come would be any different or not.
Hunk of Meat Monday
See Ya In The Gumbo