Waste or mistakes never happen in a farm kitchen.....only future animal or plant food.

August 25, 2010

Cold Cocktail (antiviral)

At the first hint of a cold or flu or if you know you're going to get exposed to something...airplane, sick kids etc.

Mix 2 TBS ACV (apple cider vinegar) with a little water or juice and add 1/2-1 tsp baking soda and drink immediately....while still bubbling.  Do this 4x/day the first day, 3x/day the second and 2x, then 1x per day until kicked.  Don't stop just because you feel better or you can relapse, finish the cycle.  Kinda like antibiotics, continue for a few days after symptoms are gone.

I did this myself when I had a cough/deep lung thing starting.  I didn't care for the taste unless I used a little maple syrup, but it worked wonderfully!


Oh...and use a TALL glass.... ;)


UPDATE:
This worked well for cold sores too.
I've started taking some once/day (sometimes in the middle of the night) just because.  I think it's helping keep my core body temperature up.

Pennywise Platter Thursday
Simple Lives Thursday 
Home Remedies Carnival

No comments:

Post a Comment