Waste or mistakes never happen in a farm kitchen.....only future animal or plant food.

November 29, 2012

Sweet Potato Cranberry Cheese Melt

I intended to contribute some sweet potato pie for a Thanksgiving Get Together in addition to the cranberry sauce. So much for intentions....

I had a lot of precooked sweet potatoes that desperately needed eating.  I had a lot of cranberry sauce leftover too.  (I made enough, we could of eaten it as the main course.)

I was worn out from eating and visiting the day before. Necessity is the mother of invention, so......


Sweet Potato Cranberry Cheese Melt

  1. Mash cool to touch sweet potato in bottom of baking dish.  
  2. Layer spoonfuls of cranberry sauce on top.
  3. Dot with butter chunks.
  4. Salt generously.
  5. Layer white cheese of choice.  I used mozzarella, but a nice Jack or Havarti would work too.
  6. Bake @ 300* for 20-30 minutes.

This taste ok cool and I ended up making some again for lunch to go the next day too.

Later incarnations involved coconut oil fried, white corn tortillas...even better!

See Ya In The Gumbo 
Heart and Soul Hop 
Scratch Cookin' Tuesday 
Simple Lives Thursday

2 comments:

  1. Creative use for Thanksgiving leftovers! I am absolutely not creative with leftovers--they're eating just as they were the first time.
    Thanks for linking up this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a tasty combination! Thanks for sharing your recipes with the Hearth and Soul Hop.

    ReplyDelete