3 cups rice flour
1-2 TBS unflavored beef gelatin
2 tsp cream of tartar
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp sea salt
1/3 cup cane sugar (optional)
2 cups milk#
1/4 cup melted coconut oil, butter or lard
- Preheat oven to 325* (I skip this step for my toaster oven.)
- Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl. (Sugar is optional, simply because I forgot to add it the second time I made this and didn't notice. Ketchup boy noticed.)
- Set aside.
- Beat egg and add milk in a separate bowl.
- Mix egg/milk into dry ingredients and blend.
- Add melted coconut oil or fat of choice.
- Pour ( or plop) bread mix into a greased bread pan. It rises, but doesn't spread much, so you will need to add it evenly, if you want an even loaf.
- Bake for 65-70 minutes or until toothpick comes clean.
- Let cool completely on wire rack before cutting. I made this in the toaster oven in the evening, let it cool over night and sliced in the morning.
#The original recipe called for buttermilk. You can sour milk quickly by adding a little ACV, if desired.
Slightly Indulgent Tuesday
Gluten Free Wednesday