Sweet and simple.
Orange Whip (recipe fits a "personal sized" blender)
- 2-3 oz frozen concentrated orange juice (pulp free)
- fresh milk, skimmed or whole (this is a good recipe for hold up queen's milk)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- ice cubes (optional, but help the whipped cream effect)
- 2 TBS cane sugar (optional, recommended if using vanilla)
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar (extra potassium and makes it fluffy)
- dash of vanilla (optional, make it a really small dash if not using sugar)
I few months back, I got myself a "personal blender" to fit my 60's era blender....you know the kind that's compatible with mason jars. ;) I didn't want it, but pricing wise, it was almost the same as the replacement parts I needed. I admit, it's handy and I like the spill resistant personal drinking lid....fits on a regular mouth mason jar just fine. Great for sipping.
Anyway, this is one of those blended drinks that need to be finished shortly after making, so small batches are good. (OJ will turn the milk into cheese if left to sit too long, not nearly as appealing. IMO.) Leave extra room at the top for the whipping, a few inches at least. The minuscule amount of cream on my current batch of milk is whipped and firm when prepared this way and makes it taste very rich indeed.
See Ya In The Gumbo
Gluten Free Wednesday
Scratch Cookin' Tuesday
Hearth and Soul Hop