Waste or mistakes never happen in a farm kitchen.....only future animal or plant food.

November 25, 2011

Ahhh....Breakfast!

Home Smoked Turkey Drumstick with Warmed Orange Cranberry Sauce


The leftover cranberry sauce was already in pyrex, so I took the legs sent home with me in a doggy bag and put them in a small pyrex tray and put everything in the toaster oven.  The default setting on my oven is 30 minutes at 300*, perfect for reheating just about anything.

The turkey was purchased from a local grower who raises them on pasture with non GMO feed.   This was a "runt" at 11 lbs.  My friend likes to brine her birds and her husband smokes them using a blend of real woods.  I think hickory and pecan were part of this years batch.  Good stuff...especially the dark meat!


Friday Potluck
Friday Food

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! What a great looking treat!!! Thanks for linking up your delicious turkey dish to Friday Potluck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband would love this! The two turkey legs are always his. :)

    Thanks for linking up to Friday Food on Momtrends.com!

    ReplyDelete