Waste or mistakes never happen in a farm kitchen.....only future animal or plant food.

July 16, 2011

Nectarine Spritzer

I picked up some wonderfully smelly (in a good way) nectarines recently.  I was blog hopping and came across this recipe for fruity spritzer:  http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/2011/07/fruity-spritzer  It sounded wonderful, but no peach nectar here.

So I cut up a nectarine and plopped in in the food processor, added some cane sugar and cream of tartar and some sea salt.  I turned it on and added orange juice to my desired thickness and added a glug of aloe vera, just because.  I split a can of club soda between the glasses and poured the blend on top at the side of the glass.  This makes the two liquid turn over each other and blending better than if poured in the middle.  I couldn't find any strawberries in the upstairs freezer, so I grabbed a baggie of homegrown wild gooseberries for "ice cubes".  Yum!  They only thing I would change is maybe add a squeeze of lemon for a little more tart.

Nectarine Spritzer
Nectarine
Orange Juice (not from concentrate)
Cane sugar/C of T  
Sea Salt
Club soda or Seltzer water
Frozen fruit for chilling
Fresh Squeezed Lemon or Lime (optional)

No comments:

Post a Comment