Waste or mistakes never happen in a farm kitchen.....only future animal or plant food.

September 11, 2010

Coffee

A little coffee with my milk!
Coffee is GOOD for you....fully caffeinated in all it's glory.
http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/caffeine.shtml

 It used to be, if  I drank half a cup of coffee in the AM, I would be so wired at the end of the day, I wouldn't go to sleep at night.  Green tea would do the same.  It turns out, I was magnesium deficient.  Now that I am getting enough Mg, I can drink multiple cups before going to bed and go right to sleep....and sleep well.

To the left here is how I like to drink my coffee.  It's not that I don't like coffee...it's that I REALLY like milk.  This is what I have for breakfast EVERY morning nowadays.  If it's too hot out, I just mix cold coffee with cold milk half and half.

My coffee recipe:
2 TBS Gelatin
2 TBS Sucanat
Fresh Milk
Coffee
Pinch of salt or minerals


Directions starting with HOT coffee:
Put gelatin, sugar and salt in the bottom of a cup.  Slowly add HOT coffee while stirring rapidly to halfway.  When  gelatin is dissolved, add more coffee if desired or fill to top with milk, as I do. 


Directions starting with COLD coffee, preferred method:
When I make coffee, I make a big batch and stick the extra in the fridge in a jar (when I remember... sometimes it just gets left in the original pot.) 
Add cold coffee to a stove safe non reactive pot or pan.  I use a small glass pyrex teapot style thingy I found at a thrift store.  Sprinkle gelatin over the top, then the sugar and salt or mineral.  I let it soak in before it gets heated by putting the stove on a Low/Med setting (less than egg temp) and setting the timer for 20 minutes. I use this time to do other things. If you were in a hurry, you could use a higher temperature and stir.  When the gelatin has dissolved, I add the desired amount of milk to my cup, THEN add the coffee.  This allows the milk to cool the coffee as it enters and keeps the enzymes intact.


I take 1 homemade cream of tartar (potassium) capsule (oo size) per TBS of sugar.  Cream of tartar in coffee is awful, nasty, wangy...yuck.  I don't recommend it.


Directions for fresh milk:
Grab your pail, go to the barn....

No comments:

Post a Comment