Waste or mistakes never happen in a farm kitchen.....only future animal or plant food.

January 2, 2012

Damson Plum Rice (Rice Cooker)

Ingredients:
4 scoops Rice
8 TBS Beef Gelatin
2 TBS Sea Salt
2 tsp Cream of Tartar
4-10 oz Damson Plum Preserves
Water to 4 cup fill line
4 TBS Coconut Oil


  1. Blend dry ingredients.
  2. Mix Preserves with a little water to thin and mix with dry ingredients. 
  3. Add water to 4 cup line, mix a little, watching for gelatin clumps.  
  4. Add coconut oil.
  5. Cook  
  6. When finished cooking, fluff rice and serve hot.
I started with  the lessor amount of preserves, not knowing how it would work.  I liked the sweet tart and will be adding more next time.  I think you could substitute just about any preserve for the plum.  I served this with some homegrown ham steak. I thought it was WOW!...it wasn't quite sticky/saucy enough for Ketchup boy.


No comments:

Post a Comment