Waste or mistakes never happen in a farm kitchen.....only future animal or plant food.

March 11, 2012

Orange Brittle - homemade hard candy

3 cups cane sugar
1 cup water
pinch of sea salt
a dash or 2 of liquid minerals
a drop of orange essential oil
3 tbs cream of tartar
1 stick of butter

Cook until temp reaches 302* .....an hour or 2...I didn't keep track....just kept stirring occasionally. Let cool in a shallow,  level pan, I used a broiler pan.  Break apart when completely cool.


See Ya In The Gumbo
Melt in Your Mouth Monday
Hearth and Soul Hop
Made from Scratch Tuesday
Totally Tasty Tuesdays

6 comments:

  1. Wow, I'd never heard of orange brittle. Looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never have heard of orange brittle, but I do love orange flavored hard candy. This looks like something I'd love! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! And new to me.
    Thanks for linking with See Ya In the Gumbo! Have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds wonderful! I have never had orange brittle but I would love to give your delicious recipe a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Orange brittle candy looks delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe with Hearth and soul blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love orange candy. In fact I like it so much that when there is mixed fruit candy around my kids always save me the orange flavored pieces. However, I have never made orange candy. I look forward to giving your recipe a try.

    ReplyDelete